Sunday, March 6, 2011

Soundtrack for Atavistic Anxiety

Listening to this while reading this.

Fascinating. Big fears, lots of words, and I can walk away feeling happier than usual. Although I don't know what it's like to be neurotic, I've known neuroses and the people afflicted by them. Sometimes they may come from some far away, long ago, ancestral need for safety - be it safety of body or mind - but some people are simply traumatized by their past or their surroundings. Others need the attention of their mother, and get that attention by acting out like children. I am not trying to be critical, don't take it personally.

So what about the soundtrack? Music is powerful. The music linked above makes some people neurotic, and for others it signals release - in the body or mind. Music can be used as a drug; uppers from those untarnished by the popstocracy or subtle depressants inspired by the emoversity educated. Or maybe the sad songs make you happy, which is the category I find myself in today. On other days a sad song will just make me cry.

But oh well, happiness is overrated.

No comments:

Post a Comment